Wednesday, November 30, 2011

changing routes.


Observations:

Routes and destinations can change,
But the hand that rocks the helm seals a fate.
The heavens wing us to Eden; 
Iron will steams toward its mirage.


A SLEEPING GODDESS | "In my dream I was driving and suddenly the car veered onto a narrow exit.  I was now going in a different direction than I planned, and couldn't get back on the main road."

dream's interpretation | A vision at the onset (the main road) now faces dwindling options.  Adjustments made to ensure that it survives are misleading; the vision itself is what requires adjustment.

A SLEEPING GOD | "A stranger I had been toying with somehow got into my house, and was alone with my little girl.  (I don't have any children in real life.)  In a flash I realized my carelessness, and tear a path back home to her.  But he would have his way, I couldn’t stop that.

Instead of directly harming her, he forces her to watch as he tortures her pet spider. Knowing how much it means to her and to me, he poisons it. It stumbles about in obvious pain and disorientation. She cries aloud, and I too cry. It ends with me beating the uppity prick to a bloody pulp."

dream's interpretation | An alternative, unknown potential within yourself (the stranger) can embodied.  The potential comes at the price of your precious, spiteful attitude (girl-spider complex).  The loss of the malignant pleasure derived from this mentality appears too much to bear.  For the love of an illusion, change and transformation is violently repressed.

A SLEEPING GODDESS | "I dreamt of a deformed fortune-teller in an old wooden box.  She asked if my birthday was October 6th, my ex-boyfriend's month and day of birth. She then stated, 'You are no longer meant to be together.' Then I found myself leaving with a man, to go to a park with kids."

dream's interpretation | Deeply-upsetting revelations (the deformed fortune-teller) were sealed away, and have been a long-time in coming: your fate and identity are no longer tied to someone in destiny; a split has been made, and the Lovers will go their separate ways.

People can and do trample their own Good, becoming unworthy of what the Universe once willed for them. Good is not then left to pine in ruin; it is set on a new course, to meet with its proper reward elsewhere (leaving with room for a new possibility; new man) (traveling towards new dreams; kids).  Believe in abundance, and the garden of life ahead.

A SLEEPING GODDESS | "I dreamt I bought a bunch of new shoes, mostly dull-colored flats.  A female acquaintance (who is well-traveled in real life) pointed in the direction I could find some sassy heels.  I now notice the department store looks picked-over and empty.  When I ask the girl at the counter for help, she directs me back to my acquaintance who says, in a puffed-up attitude, 'I already told her where.'  I wanted to buy high heels, but I didn't want to deal with her attitude."

dream's interpretation | The mind is looking for what it needs within a scope or environment that doesn't carry much else to its benefit (the barren department store).  New ideas, endeavors, and senses of direction (new shoes) fall flat. The solution is to add more "color" (risk, fun, adventure, scandal, etc.) to life, shown as the acquaintance who points the mind in the right direction.

Confusion (re-requesting directions) stems from a lack of real travel out of your comfort zone.  It begins with acknowledging that something outside your "sphere of value" (the barren store) is considerably desirable, and therefore deals an uncomfortable truth: other "approaches to life" (shoes) may be "superior" to your own.