Wednesday, November 2, 2011

transport, river of time.


Observations:


The River carries and cleanses the astray.
Abandoning its bends is folly.  Follow your heart.
The journey ends curiously at the beginning:
Once Fledglings, shivering from baptism, emerge able to fly.



A SLEEPING GOD | "I dreamt I was struggling against a fast-moving river. My ex-girlfriend is standing on the riverbank. No matter how hard I swam to make it onto the bank, the current washed me down the river."

dream's interpretation | Let go of the past; do not struggle to return.  Allow unseen forces to take you to new chapters of life and love.  Faith in the future story creates the journey.

A SLEEPING GODDESS | "I stand next to a very fast-flowing river, which I sense is very dangerous. It has locks and wires along it. Suddenly, though I don't know how, I am in the river being swept along.  After several minutes of struggling I have traveled to Biblical times. As I wander through a dungeon, I see rooms with people being tortured. I end up on a balcony with an enormous hostile crowd below me. I raise my hands above my head in surrender and they lower their weapons."

dream's interpretation | The symbolic river clarifies and evolves the mind.  The ego senses its downfall and ultimate demise (surrender), locking away its powerful revelations.   But the clever river reveals the truth by means which the ego is not prepared... ...Religiosity turns the soul into a prison, where 'undesirable' aspects of one Self are viciously condemned.  The tyrannical mentality must be taken down (the final balcony scene).

A SLEEPING GODDESS | "I always dream that I'm flying. There is always a river, and someone running behind me. They want to catch me, but I don't know why. Then at the end I always jump down into the river, or many times in a sea."

dream's interpretation | Unbridled exhilaration leaves important information behind.  Go with the flow of life (the river) or spend more time in the world (the sea), before identifying what makes you a free individual.

A SLEEPING GODDESS | "I am standing on a high cliff, looking down on a town along a river. The people in the town go about their daily lives. A voice from the sky that sounds like my own says, 'The people in the village better not make the man mad or he will trouble the waters'. Suddenly, the currents in the river get higher and faster. The river gets very muddy and starts to rise and flood the town."

dream's interpretation | Gain a better view (stand on a high cliff) of the situation: personal peace and relative order is far too dependent on someone else's disposition.  Move on with your journey, in spite of loss (the town being flooded) and your own murky understanding of the future (the muddiness of the river).