Wednesday, December 7, 2011

photographs.



Observations:

Photographs capture fringe reality.
Beyond the highest perch of Illumination, 
Beyond the farthest removal of exiles,
The truth appears at the square gate.



A SLEEPING GODDESS | "My grandfather passed away three months ago. Lately I have been dreaming that I am looking at pictures we took as a family.  They were taken without him, but in the picture he is with us. As I show them that he appeared in the pictures, I then turn and see him but he tells me not to tell the people surrounding me that he is there."

dream's interpretation | Though it may seem he is no longer with us, your Grandfather is "still part of the picture".

A SLEEPING GOD | "I go outside with a guy. He has a dog with him and he is about to take photos of the dog seated on a table.  This table is made of plastic, but it is a marble-looking plastic table. Either he or I say, 'It doesn't matter what quality the table is -- it just matters how it looks for photography.'"

dream's interpretation | Phony accomplishments give rise to airs, not genuine contentment (the dog placed on the plastic "marble" table).  Real contentment (the dog) arises from Self-knowing, based on nothing less than a fitting environment to express its natural gifts and talents.   Do not insist it is real enough now.  Rework the foundations of your lifestyle and thinking, to give rise to genuine satisfactory achievements.

A SLEEPING GODDESS | "I dreamt of being in a recreational center, rock climbing, and lots of men I know in my actual life were there. My ex-boyfriend was also there, and he was very muscular. I then saw pictures of him, in which he said he had 'tagged' me but they were all of him alone."

dream's interpretation | A difficult climb lies ahead (rock climbing).  Recall all good memories and positive associations with males (the men you know in your actual life) in order to strengthen your mind against a formidable negative association (the muscular ex-boyfriend). Your feelings are still attached, even if in reality the two of you are not (the pictures with you tagged, yet not present). Subduing strong, inner emotions is the real personal challenge (recreational, development grounds).

A SLEEPING GODDESS | "I was underwater in the ocean. I was scuba diving to 'get there', but I don't remember what I saw. Then I remember being above water again, and showing my mother photos. There was a photo of a guy terrified, with his body half in the water and a shark right behind him. We were talking about the shark and how it got there.  The rest of the photos were of my old childhood friend, back when we lived in a different country. I was telling my mom her story and showing the photos."

dream's interpretation | Search deep within your soul (scuba diving).  Through means unknown (not remembering what you saw) you will bring crucial truths  to the surface (the photographs).  Reflection upon the very foundations of your current mentality (in mother's company) shall occur.

FEAR, you will discover, is at the root of your identity (photo of a man with a shark right behind him).  How did this come to be?  More introspection is needed.  You will also discover where authentic living left off (the reëmergence of the childhood friend), and how the story can be reclaimed and resumed.