Wednesday, December 14, 2011

guidance for mortals.



Observations:

Sleeping goddess; sleeping god,
Do not disease wonder.
The real hands that shaped the World
Guide mortals by a dream.



A SLEEPING GODDESS | "For two days I was dreaming about temples.  I visited a big temple where I saw many idols of gods and goddesses, and worshiped them.  At last I saw the god Hanuman give me four laddoos in 'prasad'.  I am actually waiting for job and praying for help.  What does this mean?"

dream's interpretation | Distress creates the illusion of chance, and chance the illusion that we must solicit the gods to move outcomes in our favor.  But real favor -- grace -- is a gift from the gods (the four laddoos in prasad).  A mind strengthened by this knowledge bears strength like that of Hanuman.

A SLEEPING GODDESS | "I dreamed a whole group of us were eating Chinese food at an outside table.  I went to a mailbox on a grassy hill, and when I opened up the lock box I found more Chinese food and engorged myself.  Someone came up to me and said 'hey, you need to share that'!"

dream's interpretation | Partaking in others' knowledge, humanity, companionship, and other capacities they are willing to share with you (eating chinese food with others) is a cherished part of life. As you discover your own unique gifts and contributions (the chinese food you find in the mail box), remember that it was meant to be shared with the world, not kept to yourself.

A SLEEPING GODDESS | "I was sitting with a little girl, who I recognized as a friend from my youth. Some sort of ceremony was about to start.  A small neanderthal-like man, looking quite primitive, came waddling up to an  altar. There he took his place between two idol statues and was crowned a god, completing a trio of idols. People from the past, ancestors, came in transparent form to witness his arrival. The whole scene felt tribal and superstitious. While the girl I'd been sitting with thought it was good, I thought it distasteful that the people were worshiping idols and this small man, instead of the One True God [dreamer's emphasis]. I thought to myself how primitive these people were, and the girl in turn thought I was narrow-minded.

In the next sequence I was in an operating room, very sterile and brightly lit.  I was lying on an operating table about to undergo neurosurgery."

dream's interpretation | An ancient power returns, to consummate another human spirit (the completion of the three idols), just as it has come to countless generations before you (the ancestors who look on as you become one of their number).  Something belittled (short stature) may be greater than your estimations.  Starting all over again (the girl from your youth), allow power that is innate and eternal to life on Earth to forge the very head that governs your thinking (the "primitive" man crowned a god).  

Minds that degrade the ancient ones as "primitive" (according to some narrow-minded religiosity) must undergo total psychological reconstruction and healing (neurosurgery operation).  Do not fear; embrace what waking experiences come.

A SLEEPING GOD | "I had this dream a while ago, and have always wondered its meaning.  I'm being led into this long hall, half overgrown with vegetation and looking quite ancient.  The person leading me is God.  He does not look how you would imagine: he is a giant with radiant, gold-tinged skin; his eyes are perfectly round, like Japanese anime eyes, and he is very skinny.  His legs and arms look like tubes."

dream's interpretation | A timeless journey lies ahead, that may be unfamiliar to our normal ways of thinking (the ancient hall overgrown with vegetation).  True divine being displays vulnerability before the world (skinniness) -- open, receptive, and unarmed mentally before all ideas and experiences (Japanese anime eyes).  This is the true pillar of faith: the openness of one's heart.